The stunning King George IV apartment, like the Regency apartment is set within a Georgian building which has been sophistcally refurbished throughout.combines a wealth of features including traditional paneling, period fireplaces, high skirting and ceilings.
The main living space features two imposing sash windows overlooking the tree lined street and park, providing an abundance of natural light while leading to a fully equipped and integrated kitchen with bespoke oak kitchen cabinets, black granite worktops and the all important wine fridge. The layout of the kitchen and living area also gives you a semi open plan feel bit still allowing separation when needed (see floor plan for details).
The bedrooms to the rear of the property overlook the gardens and combine the period features and contemporary finishes seen throughout the rest of the apartment including coving and beautiful ceiling roses with the master bedroom giving a separate walking in wardrobe and an en-suite. The Georgian House has been completely refurbished from top to bottom and divided into four prestige apartments; The Loft Apartment, The Regency Apartment, The King George IV Apartment & The Garden Apartment.
The King George IV apartment also benefits from it's own private walled Zen Garden with block paving, LED lighting, and an illuminated water feature giving you room to entertain friends and family outside in the summertime.
Brunswick Square was named after King George IV's marriage to Caroline, daughter of the Duke of Brunswick. In 1901 Camberwell Borough Council purchased the garden for use as a public park, which opened in 1907. Tennis courts and a playground followed and a drinking fountain was donated. The park was refurbished by LB Southwark in 1997-99.
Regency House, in the heart of London's Camberwell offers buyers a wonderful new home with both investment potential, excellent transport links, providing easy access to all key areas of the city and a vibrant local environment that has recently received £330 million to restore the period housing stock and Camberwell Green itself. Numerous restaurants and a growing cafe culture, pedestrianisation of nearby streets and the re-development of a large number of properties make Camberwell an increasingly attractive address.
Camberwell offers a mix of diverse tastes and experiences with many international restaurants and a lively cafe and bar scene particularly during the summer 'Camberwell Arts Festival'. Local shops and supermarkets include high-street favourites as well as specialist outlets.
Friday evenings see live jazz concerts in the Crypt of St. Giles Church. Central Camberwell has a pleasing and growing selection of excellent places to eat and drink. We like The Bear for a Sunday roast, Theo's for pizza, Caravaggio's for pasta, Silk Road for Chinese and The Camberwell Arms for smart pub food and a pint. The Hill Bakery is a fairly new addition on nearby Grove Lane and they deliver their loaves too. If you're feeling active there's Camberwell Sports Centre with its beautiful Victorian pool, sports hall and gym facilities right on your doorstep. What's more, Brunswick House is literally across the street from the wonderfully maintained park for that leisurely stroll or game of tennis.
Denmark Hill connects directly to Victoria and London St Panras International. It is now on the new London orbital rail route opening up transport links across the Capital with direct links to Shoreditch, Canada Water (Thames ljnk) and Clapham Junction. There are a number of bus routes providing direct access to London Bridge, Waterloo, Westminster, Victoria, Oxford Circus and Euston. When it comes to driving, It is just a short drive to the south circular, or to the main routes north out of London. For those travelling further afield, there are excellent rail and bus links to airports including Gatwick, City and Heathrow, as well as to the Eurostar terminal at King's Cross St Pancras.
Peckham Rye (0.4 miles)
East Dulwich (0.4 miles)
Denmark Hill (0.7 miles)
London City Airport (6.2 miles)
London Heathrow Airport (16.7 miles)
London Gatwick Airport (22.5 miles)
St George Wharf Pier (2.7 miles)
Greenland Pier (2.7 miles)
Masthouse Terrace Pier (2.7 miles)
Lease length: To be confirmed
Service charge: To be confirmed
• Victorian black and white chequered tiles with border • Period lantern • Elegant Georgian linear cornice • Dado rail • Raised panel oak doors • Dado rail • Cloakroom cupboard • Aperta Video entry system • Wireless alarm panel
• Wide plank luxurious deep brown bourbon oak floor • Tall raised panel quality oak doors • Marble Henley & Kingston fire place with corbels and granite hearth • Bespoke cabinets and shelving either side of the fire place • Arched feature shelving with illumination • Bespoke deep Modillion cornice with egg & dart • Dado & picture rails • Media points in two places TV can be sited above fireplace or by the side • Period style column anthracite colleseum radiators with chrome valves • Ball room height ceilings • Extra large regency style sash windows with panelling below and featuring original full length panelled shutters with automation and illumination pre-wired ready for curtains or blinds. Just flick a switch to open or close blinds. • Windows overlook the park & tennis courts • Two twelve light grand chandeliers
• Tewkesbury oak kitchen cabinets in an elegant stone colour • Black granite work tops
• Real Marble tiling. • Neff Oven and microwave • Smeg gas hob • Built-in High spec Italian coffee & Espresso machine from Smeg. • LG Smart washer dryer. Steam setting – put your jacket in to freshen it up after a day in the office or night out. Mobile app controllable. Download new wash cycles. • Bosch dish washing machine with optical display on floor whilst running. • Illuminated Wine fridge • Integrated recycle bins • Integrated Bosch tall fridge freezer
• Large walk in wardrobe with two rails and shelving • Luxurious Westex carpet • Anthracite column radiator • Extra large sash window • Lafayette eight bulb Chandelier • Deep Dentil Cornice • Pre wired for satellite and digital TV wall mounted TV • Two way dimmer switches controllable from bed. • Adjustable LED reading lights by bed
• Traditional luxury Trafalgar shower with exposed chrome pipework, large shower head and hand held shower attachment. Traditional chrome exposed thermostatic controls • Downton Abbey taps • Heritage chrome arched mirror • Burlington Edwardian Basin & chrome wash stand • Rydall Traditional WC with soft close seat • Miller Hartford glass shelf • Double glass shelves • Heated towel rail
• Crown & Flat Marble fireplace with granite hearth • Luxurious Westex carpet • Anthracite column radiator • Lafayette eight bulb chandelier • Deep dentil cornice
• White traditional Roll top claw foot bath with grey highlighted sides • Traditional Trafalgar shower with exposed chrome pipework, large shower head and hand held shower attachment. Traditional chrome exposed thermostatic controls • Downton Abbey taps • Burlington Edwardian Basin & chrome wash stand • Burlington Georgian Mirror with Aluminium frame • Miller Hartford glass shelf • Yale traditional column radiator, heated Towel Rail • Rydal Traditional WC with soft close seat • Double Burlington cabinet • Double glass shelving.
Walled Zen Garden
• Block paving for garden furniture and parasol and barbecue • LED lighting against wall • Illuminated water feature • Limestone shingle including gazebo area and room for petanque
Caddington Blues and their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1: They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these adverts. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2: Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, computer generated images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive.